We just got in to Palo Alto after a long and gorgeous drive up Hwy 1. Tomorrow I get up at 7 am to get my Hickman Catheter implanted and then get admitted to the Hospital for my stem-cell transplant (and 30+ day stay) in the afternoon.
The big event today though is that Annie and I recently decided there should be a "mix tape" that I listen to every day while my new stem cells are roosting and taking care of business. Here are a few songs we know are going on the mix:
1. In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg
2. Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin
3. Feelin' Groovy by Simon and Garfunkel
4. All That Jazz & When You're Good to Mama from Chicago
5. Bamboleo by the Gypsy Kings
6. Shakedown Street by the Greatful Dead
7. Damn it Feels to Be a Gangsta by Ghetto Boys
8. Dreadlock Holiday by 10CC
9. Everybody's Free by Quindon Tarver
10. Love and Happiness by Al Green
That's just the beginning. But we also realized this could get so much better if we opened it up to everyone else. What songs would you put on a mix tape to make my stem cells twinkle their toes, rock it out, and build me the best immune system there can be?
Let us know, and we will post the Ultimate Stem Cell Mix here, at a later date.
K + A